(Disclosure: this post contains affiliate links)
It has happened to the best of us, a haircut gone ever so slightly wrong - one where you end up with too many layers! Thanks to a few tips from our friends at Madison Reed this hair emergency can be solved.
The Emergency: Your hair has more layers than a wedding cake.
How You May Have Gotten Here: You told your stylist that you wanted to add a few face framing pieces and you ended up with the Jennifer Aniston “Rachel” haircut circa 1994.
- Ponytail it. Slip into an effortless messy bun. Twirl it into an elegant French twist.
- Pull back the hair that surrounds your face with a head band.
- This is the perfect time to play around with styles until you find something you like.
- Curl it.
- Curls are very forgiving when your hair is at different lengths.
- Styling the hair with curls can mask the unevenness of the cut.
- Go to a different stylist and ask them to blend the layers together.
If you are looking for a new color, too, try Madison Reed's healthier for you color. Happy October! Take $10 off your first purchase of Madison Reed hair color - just use the offer code OCTOBERLOVE at checkout.